Re: Updated RDFa Core Editor's Draft available

Thanks for your quick review.  Comments inline:

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Hey Shane,
>
> Some comments
>
> - (Editorial) now that typeof="" is ok in generating a new blank node, can you replace typeof="rdfa:PrefixMapping" by typeof="" in the example on profile files? There is also a typeof="_:a" which is actually wrong and unnecessary, too, should be also typeof="". That also means removing the node in brackets right under the example prefix mapping

Okay.

> - (Editorial) same comment on the example for profile files defining terms: typeof="_:a" and typeof="_:b" should be replaced by typeof=""

Sure.

> - in section 6.5 and elsewhere... my recollection of yesterday's telco is a bit different and, unfortunately, the minutes are indeed not clear. My recollection is that:

Okay.

>    - the issue on default namespace^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^hvocabulary URI being the XHTML one is indeed explicitly flagged as a question (as you did).
>
> maybe other participants of yesterday's discussion can help out here...
>
> - I see you use URIorCURIE as a type for @about and you say 'term or URIorCURIE' for, say, @property. I also see that you have separated term processing from the general CURIE processing. I must admit I preferred the previous version where term processing was part of the CURIE processing; I think it is better for implementers to have everything in on place, so to say. (But I can live with the current version, if the majority of the group is fine with this.)

The group asked me to make this change whilst you were away.  It makes
the datatypes more explicit.

> But...
>
>   - Is it stated somewhere that the term processing must precede the CURIE processing (I have not found it)

I believe that the processing order is defined in the datatype eBNF ( (
term | URIorCURIE )+ indicates term is evaluated first, as eBNF is
evaluated left to right), but I can put it in the prose as well.  Also,
I note that this eBNF didn't really make it into section 5 like I meant
it to, so that section (which is prose) needs to be made more explicit.
I will take care of it.

>   - What happens with relative URI-s? At the moment, if I follow section 8 for, say, @about="./something" then this will be rejected because the the text says that we prohibit a CURIE without a colon. Where is that taken care of?

Section 8 describes CURIE processing.  For a datatype of URIorCURIE,
since that is not a CURIE it would be processed as a URI.  This is
defined in section 6.4 - and in particular in section 6.4.2.

>   - And... if we do take care of that, would that mean that I can use @property="./something", ie, a relative URI for a @property? I thought we disallowed that...

Well...  since @property has a datatype of (term | URIorCURIE)+, term
gets evaluated first.  Your relative URI in this example does not match
the production for term, (see section 6.4.3) so it is evaluated as a
URIorCURIE.  It does not match the production rules for a CURIE in RDFa,
so it is treated as a (relative) URI.  This is something that got
changed whilst you were away.