Re: Call for Consensus: FPWD for Semantics, TriG, N-Triples, N-Quads

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> I'm fine with publishing them as FPWD. However, I'm not convinced that
> standardizing these variations or conventions as separate formats is a good
> idea. An alternative would be to add a profile media type parameter to
> Turtle (which should still be possible because it would be optional) and
> TriG.

With N-Triples an attempt was already made to define N-Triples "inside"
Turtle. The result was much harder to understand, and made Turtle and
N-Triples more confusing. N-Triples is a very simple syntax that
has/can/will be implemented by tools and systems that don't bother to
implement Turtle.

Cheers,
Gavin