a proposal for this week - bridging the gap between JSON-LD and RDF

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 22:02:12 -0700
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
In the spirit of harmony, I propose that if JSON-LD is defined in terms of RDF
datasets as I suggest in my previous message that the RDF working group remove
the remaining differences between JSON-LD and RDF datasets, namely to
1/ allow blank nodes for graph names (which has more-or-less been decided on
already), and
2/ allow blank nodes for properties.

All relevant document should have warnings that blank nodes should not be used
in these places unless there is a good reason to do so, and that the use of
blank nodes in these places will cause interoperability problems for some time
to come.

Why do this?  Well, as soon as JSON-LD gets any use at all, there will be RDF
datasets with blank nodes for properties.   The alternative would be to
prohibit blank nodes for properties in JSON-LD.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications

PS:  I can hear Pat jumping up and down with glee already.