RE: relationship between JSON-LD and RDF

On Monday, June 17, 2013 6:13 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> As far as I can see, no part of the definition of JSON-LD is defined in
terms
> of any part of RDF.  In particular, as far as I can see, Appendix A of
> "JSON-LD 1.0: A JSON-based Serialization for Linked Data", W3C Editor's
Draft
> 16 June 2013, has definitions of just about every aspect of RDF graphs
without
> once referring to any RDF document.  Some of these definitions are
extensions
> of the ones in the RDF documents and some are different.

<quote>
These definitions correspond closely, both in terminology and in general
structure, to the abstract syntax of RDF datasets and RDF graphs. Complete
details of how JSON-LD relates to RDF can be found in section C.
Relationship to RDF.
</quote>

--
Markus Lanthaler