Re: Blank Node Identifiers and RDF Dataset Normalization

On 02/27/2013 11:36 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> A suggestion:
>
> Manu: JSON-LD should make a note about the use of bnodes to denote
> graphs. That note could then hone into its special use case
> scenarios e.g., where there's high velocity data with little mass.
>
> Steve: As already acknowledged above, you are correct about the
> optimization cost to existing RDF stores and DBMS engines (it will
> hit Virtuoso too) . Thus, when our engines encounter such data, we
> could simply  just remap the IRIs as part of our data ingestion
> (insert | import) routines. That's what we'll end up doing.
>
> Naturally, this means tweaking existing code re. data import,
> ingestion, and creation etc.. Personally, I believe we have the
> ability to close out this matter without holding up the various
> workgroups i.e., RDF 1.1 stays as is. JSON-LD has a fleshed out
> version of the note I suggested to Manu etc..
>
> Manu/Steve:
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good and I agree. This is more-or-less what we fleshed out
yesterday on the JSON-LD call:

http://json-ld.org/minutes/2013-02-26/#topic-3

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Aaron Swartz, PaySwarm, and Academic Journals
http://manu.sporny.org/2013/payswarm-journals/