Re: Problem with auto-generated fragment IDs for graph names

From: William Waites <wwaites@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:21:17 +0000 (GMT)
To: andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:15:37 +0000, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> said:

    > I proposed the *parser* generate fragments or URIs and in fact
    > label generation is what happens in your example ... _:c14n1,
    > _:c14n2 which came from somewhere.  They are generated.  Use

Are you seriously proposing that a parser for a serialisation format
for what is meant to represent RDF ought to mint URIs?

That doesn't seem like an especially sound strategy to me. JSON-LD
should not be so special that it is radically different from the other
serialisations and goes so far as to actually *change* the underlying
RDF data...

-w