Re: Are you planning to use the Dataset Semantics?

On 9/26/12 1:51 AM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> There are triples stores that do reasoning, and what they contain are
> datasets. Unfortunately, in this debate, I've not heard from the folks
> who implement them.
> I'd like to see what, e.g., OWLIM, Virtuoso are doing with named
> graphs when you switch on inferences, but looking at the
> documentation, I don't find a clear answer.

We use a pragma in SPARQL. I've published many examples of its use over
the years [1][2].

Pragma example:
DEFINE input:inference
"http://dbpedia.org/resource/inference/rules/dbpedia#"

Meaning: conditionally apply this inference context (an ontology URI
mapped to a rule) as a context lenses to the eventual SPARQL solution.
Basically, use backward-chained inference to prepare the data to which
the SPARQL query will apply.

SPARQL Example:

## With Inference Context enabled

DEFINE input:inference
"http://dbpedia.org/resource/inference/rules/dbpedia#"
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
PREFIX dbpedia-owl: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM <http://dbpedia.org>
WHERE {
?person <http://dbpedia.org/property/dateOfBirth>
"1967-08-21T00:00:00-04:00"^^xsd:dateTime
}

## Without Inference Context
## DEFINE input:inference
"http://dbpedia.org/resource/inference/rules/dbpedia#"

PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
PREFIX dbpedia-owl: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM <http://dbpedia.org>
WHERE {
?person <http://dbpedia.org/property/dateOfBirth>
"1967-08-21T00:00:00-04:00"^^xsd:dateTime
}

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/OEBP7N -- Virtuoso reasoning example using DBpedia instance
2. https://plus.google.com/s/OWL%20Reasoning%20Linked%20Data%20Virtuoso