Moving forward on ISSUE-21 (was: Re: Re3 : Draft for a "minimal dataset semantics")

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 17:05:11 +0100
Cc: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@emse.fr>, RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Ivan,

On 7 Sep 2012, at 14:32, Ivan Herman wrote:
> I have re-edited
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs/Minimal-dataset-semantics
>
> to separate the issues. I have merged some of the issues where I felt that was helpful, and also incorporated Richard's extra issues. Have a look to see if I misunderstood something.

Looks good to me.

> If we three agree (and I have the impression we do), then we may ask the chairs to put this on the agenda next week...

+1.

Although we perhaps should start with another vote on the ISSUE-21 proposal we had on the table this week. As I said in [1], I am now confident that the underlying issue (When are two blank nodes the same and when are they not?) can be solved by tweaking the definitions of blank nodes and/or graph stores, regardless of the decision we take on ISSUE-21.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Sep/0056.html