Re: Scope of blank node labels in TriG/N-Quads

On 09/05/2012 01:36 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> (I'm making a separate thread for this as it is *only* about the scope of blank node labels in the multigraph syntaxes, and *not* about sharing blank nodes in the abstract syntax. Writing this is my ACTION-183.)
>
> In today's call, two use cases for document-scope blank node labels in multigraph syntaxes were offered, and I was asked how to address them.
>
> First, backups/restores of graph stores. This can be addressed using skolem IRIs.

What if the graph store already has both Skolem IRI nodes (acquired from
Web crawling) and blank nodes?   How can you make the backup/restore
faithful?

> Second, separation of inference [1]. This doesn't require sharing of blank nodes in surface syntaxes, but only *within* a store, so it's not relevant here.

Why is that only within a store?      Alice has some data, does some
inference, tracks that in some provenance, gives the resulting dataset
to Bob for display/additional-processing/analysis.     Alice gives the
data to Bob as a TriG file.

    -- Sandro