Scope of blank node labels in TriG/N-Quads

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:36:32 +0100
To: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
(I'm making a separate thread for this as it is *only* about the scope of blank node labels in the multigraph syntaxes, and *not* about sharing blank nodes in the abstract syntax. Writing this is my ACTION-183.)

In today's call, two use cases for document-scope blank node labels in multigraph syntaxes were offered, and I was asked how to address them.

First, backups/restores of graph stores. This can be addressed using skolem IRIs.

Second, separation of inference [1]. This doesn't require sharing of blank nodes in surface syntaxes, but only *within* a store, so it's not relevant here.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Why_Graphs#Separation_of_Inference