Re: Potential Formal Object from DERI over JSON-LD

On Oct 18, 2012, at 14:35, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:

> One more point on this, Manu and I have slightly different perspective on JSON-LD's relationship with RDF. Manu's use case is to work entirely within JSON-LD, without requiring a transformation to the RDF data model.

I do (really) understand what you are saying, but it is a by odd way to say it (according to me).  One does not ever transform a serialization to a data model.  Instead, one thinks of a serialization as being compliant with a data model or not. Alternately, one thinks of a serialization being convertible to another serialization format that shares the same data model.  Right?

So, it makes sense to me that Manu wants to work with JSON-LD without ever converting it to some other RDF representation such as Turtle or storing it in a database. Fine.  However, if his JSON-LD documents *may* (however theoretically) be converted losslessly to Turtle or parsed into an RDF database because they share a data model, then it is an RDF serialization format.

Does that help level set terms for this discussion or just sound like lecturing?  I hope the former.

Regards,
Dave