Re: B-scopes

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>wrote:

> On 14 Nov 2012, at 11:32, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> > I have no idea what a "blank node scope" is.
>
> Here's another attempt at phrasing. It still avoids a proper definition
> for “scope”, but perhaps does so in a less jarring way. It actually does
> away again with the b-scope term, and just uses “scope” or “scope for blank
> nodes”:
>
> [[
> A *blank node identifier* is a Unicode string that is not an IRI.

Minor nit-pick: An IRI is just a Unicode string that follows a certain
format. A blank-node identifier string could be a valid IRI (modulo the
syntax rules for bnode labels in the serialization language) in the same
sense that a literal string could also be a valid IRI. We just choose to
treat blank node labels and IRIs as distinct types of things.

-Alex