Re: Disimproved definition of literals in Concepts; close ISSUE-94?

Ok.

The problem with the old definition was that you were starting a new
definition for "language-tagged string" when the previous definition
("literal") was in fact not finished, but without even saying that the
definition isn't complete. Moreover, by the semantics of "consists of",
it followed that a literal was a pair and only a pair.

A reasonable English parser, like the one in my brain, maps this to two
independent definitions that are inconsistent with each other.

At least in your new version, you specify that there can be a third
thing, so when the definition of "language-tagged string" starts, my
English parser is still on hold to wait for the completion of the
definition of "literal", while I am in parallel parsing the definition
of "language-tagged string".

I don't know if it's the best possible wording but I prefer that than
the seemingly contradicting definitions that we had before.

AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann
ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol