Re: RDF Slides for SemTechBiz in June

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:35:08 +0100
Cc: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
On 28 May 2012, at 03:15, David Wood wrote:
> My slides for a talk on "Updating RDF" to be given at SemTechBiz [1] on Wed, 6 June in San Francisco are at [2].  Any comments appreciated.  The speaker's notes are at the bottom of the slides.

Slide 17 says: "The value space consists of is a setů" Remove the extra words

16+17 Value space and equality for rdf:XMLLiteral and rdf:HTML are in fact identical; the slides sort of re-state them in different ways, implying a significant difference

17 It's rdf:HTML, not rdf:HTMLLiteral

Worth noting that N-Triples will be an UTF-8 syntax

Maybe worth noting that one can now escape characters in prefixed names using backslashes: ex:resource\/thing123, ex:thing123\#this. In general, there was an attempt to allow as many characters as possible unescaped in prefixed names (period, colon, digit at start), while allowing the rest in escaped form.