Re: Making progress on graphs

Le 16/05/2012 06:43, Pat Hayes a écrit :

> [skip]
>>
>> I'm not sure they are contradictory.   Antoine's proposal and mine
>> are both flexible enough to cover current practice.
>
> Wow. Really? They seeem to me to have almost nothing in common.

I agree they are quite different but they converge on some things, e.g.,
the default graph has the same meaning in both approaches.

>  You
> give names to graphs, Antoine's doesn't. Antoine's requires allowing
> IRIs to mean different things in different contexts, your's doesn't.

Id doesn't *require*, it just *allows*. So it makes possible for an
implementation to define extensions that constrain the interpretations
to denote the same thing, if required.

> Semantically they are completely different. I don't see how one can
> get true graph naming in Antoine's framework, nor how yours can
> provide any notion of context.

Getting true graph naming in my framework would be possible by adding
just one additional condition on interpretation, but I deliberately
avoided putting this constrain, to accomodate for the use cases when
graph IRI denote primary topic, for instance.

 > [skip]

Best,
--
Antoine Zimmermann