Re: rdf-spaces

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:11:41 +0200
Cc: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>

On May 9, 2012, at 17:02 , Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Maybe we can say for now that folks SHOULD avoid having more than one
> turtle script block in an HTML document, and that it SHOULD NOT have any
> id attribute.  That would at least leave the door open for a future spec
> in this area, not blocked by everyone having made up their own
> incompatible semantics.

I am not good as a JavaScript programmer but.... if, for whatever reasons, I want to access the content of that <script> element from my JavaScript, the most natural approach would be to set the @id on that element and use the getElementById() DOM call. Ie, there is a very real use case for a Javascript developer to use that attribute...

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153