rdf-spaces

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 09:35:43 -0400
To: public-rdf-wg <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Following the general outcry against the term "layers", and Guus'
endorsement of "spaces", I've renamed it for now.  So the ED is now
here:

        http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-spaces/index.html#

It's not yet clear to me what to discuss, on this topic, if we get there
in today's agenda.   One thing does seem a little pressing, because it
relates to Turtle:

I think it would be great if one could use Turtle in HTML as a dataset
language not just a graph language.   The easy way to do this would be
to say *if* there's an "id" attribute on any of the script elements
containing turtle, the triples parsed from that element go into a named
graph and the rest goes into the default graph (along with any RDFa and
microdata).

It would also be nice to have a way to say one wants the triples to
*also* go into the default graph -- so if what you're doing is graph
annotation you don't have to repeat all the triples in the annotated
graph.  Maybe class="included" or something; I'm not sure how the
namespaces of HTML classes works these days.

I know this touches on something Steve said yesterday about getting
quads when you're expecting triples; I'll reply to that separately.

     -- Sandro