Use case for the time issue: provenance

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 18:39:12 +0100
Cc: W3C RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Paul Groth <pgroth@few.vu.nl>, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Typical staircase effect: the telco is over, I packed in my machine when I realized this... So I write this on my mobile.

The Provenance Working group is, I believe, very much interested in the time discussion. As far as I could see, the provenance data model includes references to time when describing provenance chains (something was generated from that and that at a given time) and they also use some an old time ontology in their vocabulary (a time ontology done by the SWD working group as a draft I believe, David, does it ring any bells?).

I will be at the Provenance WG F2F tomorrow and Friday, maybe I will have a better understanding then...

Cheers

Ivan

----
Ivan Herman