Re: JSON-LD terminology

On 8/29/12 10:30 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 29/08/12 15:14, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 8/29/12 10:05 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>> The proposal for a reworded Linked Data definition is better.

>>> Good to hear -
>>>

>>> One specific point:

>>> of a linked data graph.
>>>

>>> Test case: is foaf:name <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> an IRI
>>> dereferenceable to a Linked Data document?
>>
>> See:
>>
>> 1.
>> http://kingsley.idehen.net/describe/?url=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name
>> -- It does resolve to content that describes the subject denoted by
>> the IRI
>>
>> 2. http://bit.ly/SQOQvx -- same thing via vapor.
>
> No quite.
>
> "The following definition for Linked Data is the one that will be used
> for this specification. "
>
> and this specification is JSON-LD.

JSON-LD definition should not be trying to redefine Linked Data. It
should simply describe how it delivers an JSON oriented format that adds
to the list of other formats from the RDF family.

> So you haven't quite answered the question - does the text lead the
> reader to the conclusion that a non-JSON-LD document meets "a Linked
> Data document" given "Linked Data" defined in point 1.

I misunderstood your question.

My response wasn't about defending the description in the docs per se.
Long ago I made my positions clear re. JSON-LD and Linked Data.

> (I hope "yes" but the doc read in context is not specific enough).

True.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen