Re: JSON-LD terminology

On 29/08/12 15:14, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 8/29/12 10:05 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> The proposal for a reworded Linked Data definition is better.
>>
>>> Some of the data model differences require further discussion and
>>> need to be publicly aired, as they impinge on long-held resolutions
>>> in JSON-LD.
>>
>> Good to hear -
>>

>> One specific point:
>>
>>> [[ 1. Linked Data is a set of documents, each containing a
>>> representation
>> of a linked data graph.
>>> 8. IRIs used within a linked data graph SHOULD be dereferenceable to
>>> a Linked Data document describing the resource denoted by that IRI.
>>> ]]]
>>

>> Test case: is foaf:name <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> an IRI
>> dereferenceable to a Linked Data document?
>
> See:
>
> 1.
> http://kingsley.idehen.net/describe/?url=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name
> -- It does resolve to content that describes the subject denoted by the IRI
>
> 2. http://bit.ly/SQOQvx -- same thing via vapor.

No quite.

"The following definition for Linked Data is the one that will be used
for this specification. "

and this specification is JSON-LD.

So you haven't quite answered the question - does the text lead the
reader to the conclusion that a non-JSON-LD document meets "a Linked
Data document" given "Linked Data" defined in point 1.

(I hope "yes" but the doc read in context is not specific enough).