Re: [TURTLE] Turtle Inverse Properties

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:20:33 -0400
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On 8/20/12 8:43 AM, Steve Harris wrote:
> Just because I don't write Turtle by hand very often doesn't mean other people shouldn't.
>
> Though, to be honest I think we (RDF users) either are past that point, or should be. Writing HTML by hand went out of fashion rather quickly when the web took off, but it was critical to getting it there. IMHO.
>
> - Steve

We have to teach RDF by encouraging folks to craft Turtle by hand, as a
first step. Making triples visible is the key to this endeavor.
Historically, as exemplified by RDF/XML, losing the triple in syntax
ultimately loses the plot. IMHO., HTML with RDFa or Micordata embeded
don't address this fundamental issue, neither does JSON-LD (which is for
JS developers).

The value of TimBL's point is best appreciated once there's acceptance
of the notion that folks (profile: end-user and/or integrator / tech
plumber) will ultimately start the Linked Data journey by crafting
Turtle by hand.

Unlike HTML, crafting Turtle by hand is both useful and extremely
practical.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen