Re: RDF-ISSUE-80 (rdf:PlainLiteral): Ask OWL and RIF WGs to update the rdf:PlainLiteral spec [RDF General]

The problem is that both the OWL and RIF are in dormant state. What this means is that if XSD Datatypes become a standard, they will both wake up, change the references in their document, maybe handle some errors, publish an edited document, and then the groups will be closed...

I am not sure that what you propose is editorial only in terms of the document. If it is not, I do no think it is that simple...

David or Guus, it would be a good idea to contact officially the RIF and OWL WG chairs on this. Cc it to the Coordination Group...

Thanks

Ivan

On Nov 10, 2011, at 18:06 , RDF Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> RDF-ISSUE-80 (rdf:PlainLiteral): Ask OWL and RIF WGs to update the rdf:PlainLiteral spec [RDF General]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/80
>
> Raised by: Richard Cyganiak
> On product: RDF General
>
> The ISSUE-12 and ISSUE-71 resolutions, which are now implemented in the RDF Concepts ED [1], have removed the distinction between plain and typed literals from the RDF abstract syntax.
>
> This has a major effect on the rdf:PlainLiteral spec [2]. Parts of it are now obsolete, and the rest needs updating.
>
> RDF-WG should ask OWL-WG and RIF-WG to update the document.
>
> [1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-plain-literal/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/