Re: Reorganizing the RDF Semantics

On May 24, 2011, at 09:17 , Lee Feigenbaum wrote:

> On 5/24/2011 3:01 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:

<snip/>

>> - We have a SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes' draft[1] in last call that
>> carved up its space along the layers in the semantics document. We
>> may have to make a decision very quickly on your proposal to possibly
>> modify that document by, essentially, simplifying it, too. I am not
>> saying that is impossible, but I am (again:-) concerned about a
>> possible delay on SPARQL 1.1 (I am sure Lee will agree with me on
>> this:-)
>
> I read Pat's proposal as a presentation change which would still define these regimes, so this does not concern me.

Ah. I reread Pat's mail:

[[[This eliminates the need to speak of RDF-interpretations, RDFS-interpretations, etc.; they are all just interpretations. (An RDF interpretation is now an interpretation which satisfies all the RDF semantic conditions, and similarly for the others; but this is no longer a different *sort*of interpretation.)
]]]

which may give your right. I am happy to be proven wrong! (In this case:-)

Ivan

----