Re: Proposal for ISSUE-12, string literals

On 12 May 2011, at 11:36, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> The XSD specifications define the canonical form of xsd:boolean, xsd:decimal, xsd:float, xsd:double, xsd:dateTime, xsd:time, xsd:date, xsd:hexBinary, xsd:integer, xsd:nonPositiveInteger, xsd:negativeInteger, xsd:long, xsd:int, xsd:short, xsd:byte, xsd:nonNegativeInteger, xsd:unsignedLong, xsd:unsignedInt, xsd:unsignedShort, xsd:unsignedByte, xsd:positiveInteger.
>
> RDF could simply rely on these definitions.

+1.

But I'd be tempted to go further and make only the primitive types such as xsd:decimal into RDF canonical forms. This would mean that systems MAY canonicalize all numbers to a single numeric datatype.

Best,
Richard

>>> http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html FOAF: