Re: [JSON] PROPOSAL: Syntax structure should be object-based

On 3/15/2011 9:11 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> PROPOSAL: The RDF Working Group should design the RDF in JSON syntax
> structure to reflect the object-based data model that is in wide use in
> the Web developer community. The group recognizes that both the
> triple-based and iterative-reduction based approaches are useful and
> have a purpose to serve, but the time it would take to standardize two
> RDF in JSON syntaxes may impact the ability for the Working Group to
> meet its tight 1-year deadline.

As I've said before, my organization would uses triple-based JSON
serializations of RDF, but does not feel strongly that it needs
standardization. We do not and would not expect to use an object-based
RDF-in-JSON syntax. I do not expect that we would object to the work.

My main concern would be whether this Working Group has the right
composition to effectively enact this proposal if a core goal is to
increase adoption by the JSON developer community.

Lee