Re: [JSON] Survey for design requirements

Hi Thomas,

On 10 Mar 2011, at 14:00, Thomas Steiner wrote:
>> Thanks. There's one thing I don't understand: This looks to me like a use case for plain vanilla JSON, and not like a use case for a JSON+RDF format. The service in question doesn't appear to be using anything besides vanilla JSON in its responses.
>
> Sure, this (today) is a classical case for vanilla JSON. Just as you
> can get a vanilla JSON representation of the JSON article (recursion
> FTW!) in Freebase
> (http://www.freebase.com/experimental/topic/standard/en/json), or its
> RDF counterpart (http://rdf.freebase.com/rdf/en.json), I envision
> cool-semantic-image-site.example.org to return vanilla JSON, or RDF in
> form of JSON in the future, if, and only if, what this WG comes up
> with is usable.
>
> To make it a little more concrete:
> http://about.ookaboo.com/a/ookaboo_api/documentation. Again, all names
> used as examples, I don't mean to pick on anyone (well, except for
> W3Schools maybe).
>
> Does this make more sense now?

I don't know. Not to me anyways.

The use case uses vanilla JSON and not JSON+RDF as far as I can tell. So I don't understand how it's a use case for JSON+RDF.

There seems to be a use case in there for returning plain vanilla JSON from a Linked Data website (because developers love plain vanilla JSON!). It doesn't motivate why Joe wants JSON+RDF or how it solves any of his problems.

Best,
Richard