Re: [JSON] the simple pivotal choice

Hi Thomas,

Glad you replied, as I'd very much like to work out where we agree and
disagree.

Thomas Steiner wrote:
> I see some issues if there are different flavors of RDF JSON
> serializations (see different thread), but wanted to ask for
> clarification first: how do you explain to someone who is happy to
> have copied and pasted, say, the OpenGraph triples onto their
> homepage, that a) there's something like "RDF goggles", and b) how
> does the world look like if you put them on? Honest question.

You could say, X web service (giving back json) happens to have a
JSON-to-RDF map, and if you include Y javascript on your page, that
script can put on it's RDF goggles to mash your opengraph triples
together with the information from X service and augment your homepage
with all these wonderful features and related infos which your readers
will love.

It's less about the person who's already using triples, and more about
giving those who don't or can't or haven't used triples a way to let us
see their data as RDF.

As in, we can say to any JSON data provider: "don't you worry about the
cost and complexity of doing all this semantic web stuff, we've made a
simple map that bootstraps you in" and we can say to any developer,
don't worry about changing your stack, just provide us a simple map and
when we you'll be hooked in to the web of data.

Best,

Nathan