Re: [JSON] Survey for design requirements

Hi Manu,

On 7 Mar 2011, at 04:45, Manu Sporny wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-JSON#RDF_in_JSON_Use_Cases

Thanks, this is very helpful!

I renamed two of the use cases to hopefully better highlight their differences. Also added more text to Andy's.

I wasn't quite able to make sense of this one:
http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-JSON#RDF_REST_Web_Services

The web services that Frank is using. Do they already provide RDF, or just plain old JSON? If we assume that the operators of the web service already adopted some sort of JSON+RDF technology, then that would better be a separate use case, written from their POV. If we assume that these web services are just plain JSON at the moment, then I'd like to understand why Frank doesn't simply stick with doing everything in JSON. Why does he want to “add semantics to the data”, and what does that mean?

Thanks,
Richard