[Turtle] Re: bang ! in turtle

As a _personal view_ I would be very cautious in adding new things to Turtle. What we should do is to standardize a widely used language and we should be careful not to require existing parser deployments to do additional development. If there are ambiguities and errors (eg, the issue of "18." vs "18 .") these of course should be fixed but we should be very careful in going beyond that.

We _may_ of course consider defining another language as an extension to Turtle (with another media type, for example) if we decide to add syntax for the various g-* notions we discussed for graphs. But even for that case, I would try to go for the strict minimum...

(I have to emphasize that this is my personal view at the moment, not the Semantic Web Activity lead speaking. That guy waits for a consensus of the WG on the issue...:-)

Ivan

On Mar 1, 2011, at 17:41 , Nathan wrote:

> actually ^ may be better.. such that
>
> :a :b :c .
>
> could be written as:
>
> :c ^:b :a .
>
> meaning
>
> :c [ owl:inverseOf :b ] :a .
>
> meaning:
>
> :a :b :c .
>
> cheers
>
> Nathan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Is there any chance we can include ! in turtle to prefix predicates and inverse the directionality, such that
>> :a :b :c .
>> could be written as
>> :c !:b :a .
>> (as opposed to :c is :b of :a)