Re: [Turtle] starting with http://www.w3.org/2010/01/Turtle/

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [Turtle] starting with http://www.w3.org/2010/01/Turtle/
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:48:37 -0600

> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 11:49 -0500, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider
> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, this document is not self-contained.  In particular, it
>> points to the SPARQL document.  This makes it hard to be a starting
>> point for anything.
>
> What do you mean?  I haven't studied the document in detail, but
> looking through it, especially for references to SPARQL nothing jumps
> out as a problem.  I see lots of references to SPARQL, but they seem
> like good and appropriate ones, given then design goal which many
> people support of Turtle being a sub-language of SPARQL.
>
> Procedurally, it's fine for our Turtle spec to lean on the SPARQL 1.0
> Recommendation as much as we want, I believe.
>
>     -- Sandro

Well, I was trying to follow various stuff and ended up in the SPARQL
document when I wasn't expecting to.  I was trying to determine the
intent of the section after 4.5 (the one labelled 3.5 RDF Triples) and
found GraphNode, which pointed off to the SPARQL spec, and didn't appear
anywhere else in the Turtle spec itself.  As this was the basis of the
triple generation stuff, I was unable to continue in determining how to
generate triples from a Turtle document.

peter