Re: [Turtle] starting with http://www.w3.org/2010/01/Turtle/

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:48:37 -0500
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 11:49 -0500, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider
wrote:
> Unfortunately, this document is not self-contained.  In particular, it
> points to the SPARQL document.  This makes it hard to be a starting
> point for anything.

What do you mean?  I haven't studied the document in detail, but
looking through it, especially for references to SPARQL nothing jumps
out as a problem.  I see lots of references to SPARQL, but they seem
like good and appropriate ones, given then design goal which many
people support of Turtle being a sub-language of SPARQL.

Procedurally, it's fine for our Turtle spec to lean on the SPARQL 1.0
Recommendation as much as we want, I believe.

    -- Sandro