Re: Graph-State Resources (was Re: graphs and documents Re: [ALL] agenda telecon 14 Dec)

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:32:03 +0000
Cc: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On 15 Dec 2011, at 18:35, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Does log:semantics act as an owl:FunctionalProperty?  i.e. within a
> single graph, can we expect at most one true property value for it?

I don't think so. log:semantics depends on retrieval of a representation, and the result of that action may be different for different clients with different configuration, different network location, or different access credentials.

Content negotiation by language is a nice example where the same client in the same network location and same access credentials would receive different representations, and hence different log:semantics, based on user configuration.

> People seem to talk as if it is functional, but I can't see that
> working out in practice.

Me neither.