Re: Graph-State Resources (was Re: graphs and documents Re: [ALL] agenda telecon 14 Dec)

On 15 Dec 2011, at 18:35, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Does log:semantics act as an owl:FunctionalProperty?  i.e. within a
> single graph, can we expect at most one true property value for it?

I don't think so. log:semantics depends on retrieval of a representation, and the result of that action may be different for different clients with different configuration, different network location, or different access credentials.

Content negotiation by language is a nice example where the same client in the same network location and same access credentials would receive different representations, and hence different log:semantics, based on user configuration.

> People seem to talk as if it is functional, but I can't see that
> working out in practice.

Me neither.

Best,
Richard