Re: Graph-State Resources (was Re: graphs and documents Re: [ALL] agenda telecon 14 Dec)

On Dec 19, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2011, at 18:35, Dan Brickley wrote:
>> Does log:semantics act as an owl:FunctionalProperty?  i.e. within a
>> single graph, can we expect at most one true property value for it?
>
> I don't think so. log:semantics depends on retrieval of a representation, and the result of that action may be different for different clients with different configuration, different network location, or different access credentials.
>
> Content negotiation by language is a nice example where the same client in the same network location and same access credentials would receive different representations, and hence different log:semantics, based on user configuration.

? IS it obvious that it would be different? The object of log:semantics is the RDF graph that the retrieved representation parses into, not the representation itself. Are there cases where content negotiation would give a different RDF graph from the same resource? (Genuine question, not rhetoric.)

Pat