Re: IRI guidance

I agree to drop the round-tripping. I nevertheless suggest to make
Ivan's proposal a little more explicit (though I assume this was not
intended to be the complete text):

  Note: according to RFC3987, different IRIs are transformed into the
  same URI. For example <http://伝言.example/R&D> and <http://xn--
  9oqp94l.example/R%25D> will both be transformed to the URI to
  <http://xn--9oqp94l.example/R%25D>. However, those two IRIs are *not*
  equivalent in RDF.

  When minting *new* IRIs from scratch or from URIs, the use of
  %-escaped characters or punycode encoded IDN-s are strongly
  discouraged (except of course for the %-escaping imposed by the IRI
  syntax).

It would probably be good to add one or two sentence giving the
rationale of this recommendation. For IRIs minted from scratch, my main
argument would be readability.

For converting IRIs to URIs, this is more tricky to argue, as one has to
make a guess about which IRI was actually conveyed by the URI, and that
guessing can not be 100% correct...

  pa