Re: regrets & skolem predicates

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:32:19 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Alex Hall <alexhall@revelytix.com>, William Waites <ww@styx.org>, RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi Pat,

Pat Hayes wrote:
> a simple literal scheme for skolemization, along the lines "<text-of-bnode-id-label>"^^yourBaseUri:genid

I've noticed you mention this a couple of times now (iirc), and have to
say that my gut instinct says "Pat's got something here". Care to share
any more details or ways it could work?

What I'm reading here initially is that "_:b1" in syntax could be sugar
for a typed literal of the form "b1"^^rdf:BlankNode. Which seems a
rather nice little solution, however you have ^^yourBaseUri:genid, which
I can see has the URI in there and some obvious benefits from that, but
at this point things go gray and fuzzy for me!

Care to expand a little?

Best,

Nathan