Re: Turtle and SPARQL 1.1 last call

Andy,

Thanks for the summary.

On 20 Apr 2011, at 09:38, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> 1/ bNode property lists.
>
> [ :p 1 ; :q 2 ]
>
> is valid SPARQL, including SPARQL 1.0
>

> 2/ A less frequent case is a free-standing lists and subject lists.
>
> (1 2 3 4) .
>
> SELECT * { (1 ?x 3 4) . }
>
> SELECT * { (1 2) rdfs:comment "List" }
>

> 3/ Trailing dots
>
> A final DOT is not required in SPARQL:
>
> INSERT DATA { :s :p :o }
>

> 4/ Strings
>
> Using ' and ''' for string quoting is legal in SPARQL.
> Because SPARQL queries can be embedded in programs, allowing a character that does not require programming language quoting is useful.
>

> 5/ Local part of prefix names can begin with a number.
>
> This was a change made to SPARQL during the per-LC development phase due to user feedback.  Groups found that it was inconvenient in situations where all numeric identifiers from non-RDF data arose naturally
>
> e.g.
>
> employee:00154337

In all of these, with the possible exception of #3, Turtle should follow the SPARQL 1.0 decision, IMO.

For any of those, even if the Turtle TF should decide to deviate from SPARQL 1.0, I don't think any case can be made for SPARQL 1.1 having to change.

So personally I see the trailing decimal point issue as the only Turtle syntax question that affects SPARQL last call.

Best,
Richard