REST, g-box, g-text, g-snap

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:00:36 +0100
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi All,

I read in the logs:
"PROPOSED: We understand that g-* aligns with REST, with
g-box=information resource, g-snap=state of the resource (at time t),
g-text=representation of the state of the resource (at time t)"

-1

A g-text is a representation of a mathematical set of triples, and that
is either associate with a g-box or not. That's as far as it goes,
introducing some notion of state will only serve to hinder in the future
(consider auth* where the same g-box has multiple states at the same
time for different people).

Also, g-text != REST Resource Representation, consider RDFa documents
which /contain/ a g-text but also a chunk of say HTML.

There is no need to define anything that can't be seen with a story that
doesn't cover all use-cases - it's as simple as we work with
representations (g-text's) of mathematical sets of triples, and
sometimes they are associated with an IRI (the name of an IR/g-box).

Best,

Nathan