Re: [Graphs] Proposal for Named Graph Semantics

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 23:27:16 +0100
To: antoine.zimmermann@insa-lyon.fr
CC: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> I propose something that goes very much in the same direction as Alex's
> proposal:
>
> Definition(Graph map) A graph map GM is a partial function from the set
> of IRIs to the set of g-snaps.
>
> Definition(Temporal graph map) A temporal graph map TGM is a partial
> function from [-inf,+inf] which maps a time point to a graph map.

Nice, but if we define a mapping from a time point to a graph map, then
how do you handle the case where a time point maps to multiple graph
maps (for instance when you have auth* to consider)?

> There exists a special temporal graph map, called the HTTPmap, such that
> at any given point in time t, HTTPmap(t) maps a URI to the parsed RDF
> graph of the document retrieved via an HTTP GET of the URI at the time
> t. (if HTTP GET does not provide an RDF serialisation, then the mapping
> is not defined on that URI).

As above, doesn't consider auth*. At a single instant several different
graphs may be associated with a specific URI.

Thoughts?

Best,

Nathan