Re: RDF Recommendation Set comments (re agenda for 6th April)

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:40:27 +0200
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
* [2011-04-07 12:28:03 -0400] Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> écrit:

] Yes, if you can derive contradictions in RDFS all by itself then nothing
] from OWL needs to be added to RDFS to be able to derive contractions
] in the extended RDFS.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was, to derive
useful contradictions from real data. It isn't clear to me
that the pathological examples would appear in real data
and the one example I've seen of a useful contradiction
relies on xsd reasoning.

So you're strictly correct, but it isn't a very useful or
interesting result in my opinion.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww@styx.org>