Re: [JSON] A starting point...

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:22:45 -0400
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On 04/06/2011 07:54 AM, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I believe that I raised an issue with this one.

Peter, I attempted to respond to all of the issues you raised w/
Nathan's proposal. Let me know what you think about those responses and
we can go from there.

>> 5: Support a "@context" property that allows for a set of mappings from
>>    JSON keys to IRIs.
>>
>> {
>>   "@context":
>>   {
>>      "Person": "http://xmlns.com/0.1/foaf/Person",
>>      "name": "http://xmlns.com/0.1/foaf/name",
>>   },
>>   "@id": "http://jondoe.example.org/#me",
>>   "@type": "Person",
>>   "name": "Nathan Rixham"
>> }
>
> I don't think that @context was part of Nathan's proposal at all.

No it wasn't, but since I removed @vocab from Nathan's proposal (because
it seemed controversial), I had to replace it with something.

@context /w terms is the simplest mechanism of being able to use
multiple RDF vocabularies in the same JSON document and simultaneously
keeping the beloved JSON dot-notation.

I don't agree that preserving the dot-notation is as important as others
believe - that is, I think we should support CURIEs in object keys, but
since a few people had concerns about that - let's not go there yet. Not
until we can agree on the most basic proposal... and work from there.

--manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The PaySwarm Vocabulary
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/03/31/payswarm-vocab/