RE: getting to Last Call on rdf:text

From: Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:16:03 -0000
To: "'Phillips, Addison'" <addison@amazon.com>, "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "'Sandro Hawke'" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: <public-rdf-text@w3.org>, <team-rif-chairs@w3.org>, <team-owl-chairs@w3.org>
Hello Mr. Addison,

Thank you very much for your invaluable input! I am not an expert on Unicode, so
I was unaware of the fact that the number of code points is fixed. In light of
what you said, we've changed the definitions of rdf:text. In order to follow XML
Schema, we've defined a character as in XML 1.1. Since XML 1.1 excludes certain
characters, we are left with 1,112,061 code points in rdf:text.

Thank you also for the pointer to RFC 4647; we'll take this under consideration.

Should you be interested in the changes, you can take a look at them here:

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/InternationalizedStringSpec

We'll appreciate any further feedback you can give us.

Regards,

Boris Motik