Re: FW: fixes for TAP build on Solaris; TAP KB download is not working

From: Rob McCool <robm@robm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:23:35 -0800
To: Alec Segal <alec.segal@verizon.com>
Cc: public-rdf-tap@w3.org

> I have built TAP for Sun Solaris 8 for SPARC.
> Here is what I have done to make it work.
>
> 1. Use apache, not apache2
> 2. Edited config.mk, in particular:

It's unfortunate, since I just fixed the exact same thing for someone else
(Joseph Rajkumar). Just finished it yesterday, in fact. I also made it work
with Apache 2. Thanks for catching these problems.

> I found that issuiing an empty request from kbx crashes my local server:
>
> desc> use http://mysun.com:8080/data
> Using KB http://mysun.com:8080/data
> desc>
> desc> identify
> props>
>
> causes Segmentation Fault in TAP_Cursor_AddOutputFilter when it calls
> asp_pcalloc, because curs is NULL.

I haven't seen this one before. I'll investigate.

> A link to download the database
> http://tap.stanford.edu/data/tap.rdf
> returns an empty messsage, as if the file tap.rdf were missing.

If you just go to /data/ it should work. Where is the link?

> A download for the node Resource through the database browser skips a lot of
> information in the database and returns a broken XML. It generates unpaired
> tags  </0> in the attempt to refer to namespaces, as far as I understand.

This is with download.cgi on tap.stanford.edu, right? That program is old
and needs to be replaced with its updated version.

> I am pushing for an ambitious project, using semantic web technologies, and
> trying to build a demo. The amount of data could be potentially very big.
> So far I am having fun with TAP. Thank you.

Sure. Let me know what else needs fixing or improvement. I'll be putting out
v0.71 soon which incorporates the fixes for Solaris and Apache 2.x.