Re: KB download errors

From: Rob McCool <robm@robm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:12:47 -0800
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
Cc: public-rdf-tap@w3.org

The download.pl script has a few problems. Downloading
  http://tap.stanford.edu/data/
is known not to have a problem. This file, if saved as tap.rdf is the entire
KB.

My suggestion is to download tap.rdf from that URL, and use the kbtrans
program to convert it to MCF, if that is your preferred format.

kbtrans is in tap-0.72/Perl/publishing. To use it, run something like:

cd tap-0.72/Perl/publishing
./kbtrans.pl -i tap.rdf -o tap.mcf

The download script's bugs are known, unfortunately. A new script was
written but it hasn't been deployed.