Re: on evaluation

So, yes, I have two problems with the current wording:

1/ It is yet another case of loose terminology.
2/ It is the wrong way to do things.

There are two reasons that it is wrong:
a) It prevents optimization of the SPARQL processing.
b) It even prevents translation of entire SHACL shapes to single SPARQL
queries, *requiring* something like sh:hasShape in *every* SHACL implementation.

I think that the order in which I discovered these issues was 2a, then 1, then
2b.

The net result is that I believe that the entire sentence needs to be
completely scrapped, and thus I don't see that there is any utility in
wordsmithing the sentence to fix problem 1.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications