Re: on the closing of ISSUE-142

The big problem that I see here is that with the closing of this issue there
is nothing to track the continued need for examination of the entire document
to ensure that terminology problems have been eliminated.

Perhaps in a normal course of events this examination could be considered to
be implicit in the activities that occur when a working group produces a new
version of a document and particularly when a working group advances a
document to a new maturity level.  However the situation with the SHACL
document is not normal.  This document has a continuing problem with
terminology that does not appear to be near elimination.  There is even
hostility from within the working group towards fixing identified terminology
problems in the document.

There is thus still a need for an open issue on terminology in general in the
document, to at least serve as a trigger for a comprehensive examination of
the document for terminology issues at later stages of its progress to
recommendation status.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications