on order of evaluation in SHACL vs SPARQL [was Re: Order of filters]

SPARQL does not require a particular order of evaluation.

Requiring a particular order of evaluation in SHACL makes it likely that SHACL
shapes cannot be validated by simply transforming them to a single SPARQL query.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications