Re: on the closing of ISSUE-106

I am definitely not implying that the resolution hinged on not knowing that
the issue was editorial.  I am instead saying that there was uncontested
incorrect information sent to the working group about the issue shortly before
the issue was resolved.  It may be that this incorrect information affected
the resolution of the issue, but I don't know whether this was the case.  It
also may be that some working group members did not bother to participate in
the discussion because the issues under consideration had been incorrectly
stated to be editorial, but I don't know that either.  What I did see was this
incorrect information on the working group mailing list and in the issue pages
and no attempt to correct it.  This resulted in my concern that the issue may
not have received the appropriate attention when it was being closed.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications