Re: more on recursion [was Re: fun with sh:hasShape]

Possibly a misinformed question, but is "being recursive" an intrinsic
quality of the shape or is it an interplay between a shape and a data graph?

Another words, with some data, the shape below is not going to be
recursive, but with other data, it is?

ex:sr rdf:type sh:Shape ;
  sh:class ex:c ;
  sh:property [ rdf:type sh:ProperyConstraint;
                sh:predicate ex:p ; sh:shape ex:sr ] .

In general, recursive shape is such that validating data against it
requires repeated passes. There is more than one way as to how this could
happen. I am not convinced they all should or could be listed. Instead, it
may be enough to give the general definition of what the recursion means,
acknowledge that there are multiple ways for this to happen and give one or
two examples.