Re: Few Questions about RDF.rb

From: Arto Bendiken <arto@bendiken.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:45:05 +0200
To: Alex Genadinik <Alex.Genadinik@ucop.edu>
Cc: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
Hi Alex,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Alex Genadinik (Contractor)
<Alex.Genadinik@ucop.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am considering using RDF.rb for Ruby.
>
> 1)      In the documentation it says that it handles RDF, but what about
> working with OWL?  Or is that also handled since it is RDF-based?

RDF.rb will let you manipulate OWL data stored as RDF, but it does not
have any inference or other OWL-level support.

> 2)      Can I connect to a variety of triple-stores like Virtuoso or
> Allegrograph for example?

You can interface with AllegroGraph using either of the following gems:

http://rubygems.org/gems/rdf-agraph
http://rubygems.org/gems/rdf-sesame

I'm not aware of any specific RDF.rb support for Virtuoso, but the
SPARQL::Client gem will certainly enable you to query data stored in
Virtuoso:

http://rubygems.org/gems/sparql-client

You can search RubyGems.org as follows to find RDF.rb-compatible gems
for other stores (4store, etc):

http://rubygems.org/search?query=rdf-

--
Arto Bendiken | @bendiken | @dydradata