Re: Status Check

(Reposting, as my first post seems to have disappeared)

On Aug 6, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Paul Stadig wrote:

> Also, I would just want to mention Redleaf. It's a project that I
> stumbled
> across the other day. I hadn't heard of it because it's off-grid (no
> RubyForge or GitHub project that I can find). It's a set of new C
> bindings
> for Redland.
>
> http://www.deveiate.org/projects/Redleaf

I was about to reply to this thread myself and mention that I'm days
away from the first release of Redleaf (I'm the author), but imagine
my dismay at finding that it's "off-grid"! I can't imagine what about
hosting your own project site could be construed this way, but perhaps
I'm thinking of the wrong "grid". :)

Once it's actually released (any day now, I swear), it will be
gemified via the 'deveiate' project on RubyForge (http://rubyforge.org/projects/deveiate/
) with all my other gems. It's mostly code-complete at this point, but
the manual is a bit spotty in places. As soon as I can get the last
few examples running and the major sections at least outlined, I'll
release 0.0.1.

In the meantime, feel free to check out the latest source (with
Mercurial) like so:

  hg clone http://repo.deveiate.org/Redleaf

As a small example of how it may be used, I ported Dan Brickley's
"skosdex" example posted to this list a few months ago:

  http://deveiate.org/projects/Redleaf/browser/examples/redleaf_skos.rb

I'd welcome any comments, suggestions, and feature requests you'd care
to give, especially in the form of patches. Thanks!

--
Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer